5 Benefits of Dental Implant-Supported Dentures
In my years of practice, the single motivating factor for any patient to get dental implant-supported dentures was to have their beautiful smile restored. Almost immediately afterwards, these same patients began shedding any feelings of embarrassment and confided that their newley gained self confidence was well worth the investment.
But dental implant-supported dentures have many other advantages, here are my top 5.
Allan's Top 5 Reasons To Have Dental Implant-Supported Dentures
- More Natural - Dentures placed over implants just look and feel more natural. The denture is securely anchored because the implant itself is fused to the jawbone. With dental implants, your teeth look, feel, and function almost like natural teeth.
- No Movement - Because the dentures are anchored to dental implants, they simply don’t move, which of course is the opposite of removable dentures. Because there’s no movement or slippage, there’s no need for messy adhesives. With dental implants, a person can really feel secure.
- No Sore Spots - One of the most problematic denture issues are sore spots. They disappear with dental implant-supported dentures, because the denture is resting on the implant and not on gum tissue. Removable dentures, that rest on the gums can lead to inflammation if not if not removed nightly and cleaned daily.
- Stimulation of Bone Growth - Keeping your teeth helps preserve your jaw bone. Once a tooth is lost, it can lead to continued bone loss. As the bone recedes the tissue starts to shrink, and pull away from the underside of the denture leaving less and less support underneath the removable prosthesis. One of the most fascinating and accidental discoveries about dental implants is that the titanium in the implant encourages the growth of bone cells.
- Improved Chewing Ability - When patients first get dentures, they have a few things to re-learn including how to chew. In order to keep the dentures secure, it’s necessary to chew simultaneously on both sides of your mouth. With dental implant supported dentures, you just chew like you would with normal teeth.
There many reasons why dental implant-supported dentures are a better alternative to dentures or worse continuing to live with missing or poor teeth. To learn more about dental-implant supported dentures, download a copy of my free e-book “Northern Ontario’s Guide to Dental Implants” or call for a free consultation.
Let your smile shine through!
Contact us today for your free consultation and start your transformation.
Learn more about Allan Delsaut's Denture Clinic.